7 reasons your business needs a blog
In a world where companies thrive off their online presence, blogging is a simple yet strategic tool to include in your communications plan. Customers want brands who know how to connect, and blog posts are still highly relevant, alongside social media content. Simply put, a well-written blog will help you educate, communicate, and, most importantly, build trust.
Here are seven reasons why blogging works:
1. Brand Reinforcement. A blog serves as an extension of brand personality; it's your personal platform to share perspectives, industry insights, best practices, and more. Through a careful selection of blog topics, you can highlight areas of your brand's expertise to make an impression on your audience and the market in general.
2. Customer Relationships. Customers interested in your brand, product, and/or industry will be keen on hearing your thoughts and pay close attention to your point of view. Being a source of credible information allows for a better relationship with your customer, who will regard you as more approachable, as well as knowledgeable. This will go on to support your brand image, ultimately reflecting in sales.
3. Establishes You As A Thought Leader. Regular posts that contain in-depth views in the form of well-written, researched articles showcasing your expertise will improve credibility. It is beneficial when prospective clients search for you online or visit your social media channels, plus blog articles can also be reworked into opinion pieces for the media as part of your PR strategy. Done well, blogging is a vehicle to position yourself as a hub of information.
4. Drives Website Traffic. Consistent blogging allows you to create relevant content, shareable across multiple social media platforms. This further increases traffic to your company website, resulting in more exposure, lead generation, and sales.
5. Search Engine Optimisation. Ensuring your blog is a central website feature, regularly updated with engaging information and relevant keywords, is one of the main ways to stay at the top of a search engine results page.
6. Data and Analytics. With the use of tracking tools, you can monitor posts that are the most popular with readers, promote click-throughs to the company website, and more. Data also helps you to analyse which topics resonate the most, and provides an indication of customer preferences, allowing you to tailor products and services accordingly.
7. Cost-effective. Blogging helps you reach a wider audience at a manageable cost. As more companies reduce their spend on traditional marketing tools like direct mail and advertising, blogging offers a considerably cheaper, personalised approach that can make a real impact. An informative blog that adds value to the industry as a whole is likely to be picked up by other websites and shared across social media networks, creating tremendous free brand exposure.
With all of that in mind, blogging should be at the top of your marketing to-do list.
At SME Ink, our cost-effective blog packages are ideal for small and medium-sized business owners who are short on time but keen to connect.
FREE CONSULTATION CALL:
Know your content needs work but not sure where to start? Book your FREE consultation call with us now.
If you haven't done so already, subscribe to this blog for more writing tips. We're always adding new posts to the feed, so if you're not subscribed, there's a good chance you'll miss out. Subscribe now and get our FREE downloadable PDF, 5 Ways To Improve Your Content To Drive Business.